Pirates OTAs takeaways
The Dunedin Pirates concludes a 2-Day Minicamp series last Sunday and the team saw a good mixture of veterans and newbies on the scene at Dunedin Highland Middle School. We take a closer look now at some of the observations from the two days of Minicamp under first-year head coach Nate Barlow.
• Dequon Bryant looks to be a welcoming sight to Dunedin’s wide receiving corps. The speedy wideout saw plenty of reps in Minicamp and should be a big time weapon.
• The linebacking group will be an improved group, as Michael Winberger returns after one season with the Florida War Eagles and Kris Valley, a former Anclote High School product, both bring great ability to the table.
• Braxton Johnson and Dimitris Barry did great things under coach Nate Barlow at Anclote High School and are back together in the backfield. These two will be a 1-2 punch Dunedin has needed.
• Linemen was a welcoming sight, as Mike Scott (6’4, 330), Roosevelt Austin (6’0, 305) and Kwane Frazier (6’2, 275) all made their presence felt at Minicamp.
• Mike Conran (firefighter) and Shane Crawford both are new to the adult amateur football stage but looked good at Minicamp. Conran could play a role at tight end while Crawford looks to be a force on the defensive line.